This policy aims to explore the culture and practice of e-participation in order to improve transparency and public participation in improving the quality of services by The Department of Fisheries Malaysia (DOF).
DOF recognises public involvement to enable DOF to explore a broader perspective, information resources, and potential solutions to improve results and services. It also provides the basis for a productive relationship, better dialogue and discussion, and orderly governance.
The objective of this participation is to involve citizens in the policy development and decision-making process through the use of information and communication technologies. Among the communication channels used are Portal Poll, Public Participation, Portal Feedback (feedback / questions / complaints / suggestions), Customer Satisfaction Survey and Social Media such as Facebook and Youtube.
DOF warmly welcomes participation by complying with the terms and conditions of participation that have been set as follows:
- Any statements that incite racial, religion and politics sensitivities are strictly prohibited.
- Degrading, personal attacks & issuing statements that may offend other participants are prohibited.
- Control your statements, avoid uttering abusive and parochialism.
- It is not recommended to chat or post sentences that stray from the main topic.
- Topics and links to PORNOGRAPHIC websites are PROHIBITED.
- Make sure the statement / topic does not violate the ‘COPYRIGHT LAW‘, ‘TRADEMARK‘, ‘PATENT‘ and others.
- DO NOT use Public Participation as a place to carry out any contests, pyramid schemes, get-rich-quick schemes, internet-money schemes, chain letters, junk e-mails either commercially or otherwise.
- It is not allowed to upload files that contain computer viruses such as “Trojan horses”, “worms”, “time bombs”, “cancel boots” or whatever software or programmes that may damage the operation of other user’s computer.
- The administrator of the e-Participation column in any circumstances does not confirm, support, represent or guarantee any truth, accuracy or reliability of any statement / topic made in this e-Participation column. The individual himself should understand that any risk regarding the reliability of a material in this column is borne by the individual himself.
- The administrator of the e-Participation column is entitled to amend and delete any statement / topic at any time without informing the author of the statement / topic.
- The e-Participation administrator reserves the right to amend the Participation Policies and Guidelines on e-Participation at any time without prior announcement / notice.
- As a participant or issuing a statement in this e-Participation column, you are bound by the terms and conditions of the e-Participation Guidelines.