Fisheries Extension Division
To implement extension services, development of community and fisheries entrepreneurs, transfer of technology and fisheries innovation, disseminate information and promotion of fisheries industry.
Extension & Fisheries Community Branch
- To supervise and coordinate the Fisheries Delivery and Extension Service System (SPeKS Pengembangan).
- To implement, supervise and coordinate a community based programme myFisheries Community (myKP).
- To supervise and coordinate the Fisheries Network Leader (KJP).
- To supervise and coordinate engagement programme with target groups and stakeholders.
- To supervise the fisheries extension service programme implemented at the state and district level.
- To supervise and conduct monitoring, evaluation and empowerment of the fishing community programme.
- To supervise and implement fisheries extension support assistance programme to the target groups.
Innovation & Entrepreneur Development Branch
- To supervise and coordinate transfer of technology and fishery innovation activities.
- To coordinate and implement myAgropreneur Perikanan (myAP) development programme.
- To coordinate local and international technical skills strengthening programmes.
- To coordinate the activities of Fisheries Technology Extension Centre and Incubator Programme of the Department.
- To provide technical advice and new technologies to the target group.
- To conduct technology and innovation trial and adaptation.
- To coordinate entrepreneur development programmes under MAFI such as the Young Agropreneur Programme, Agrotourism, CUP and HIP Food Industry Matching Grants as well as Rezeki Tani.
Promotion & Information Branch
- To coordinate, supervise and implement the physical and virtual department exhibition and promotion programme using the latest technology applications.
- To plan, coordinate, supervise and implement physical and digital publications related to technical and non-technical fisheries.
- To provide and implement services of Photographer, Videographer and Audio-visual for department programmes and activities.
- To coordinate and supervise the dissemination of technical and non-technical fisheries information to staff, target groups, the public and stakeholders.
- To provide department publications and exhibitions designer services.
- To coordinate and provide department library services.