1. To develop a dynamic market-based fisheries industry through creative and innovative approaches.
2. To manage the national fishery resources in an efficient, innovative and environmental friendly manner based on scientific information and good governance.
3. To enhance the delivery system through skillful, knowledgeable and professional human capital.
1. Department of Fisheries Malaysia is responsible for managing the nation’s fishery resources efficiently, innovatively and environmentally friendly based on technical and scientific knowledge and professional governance.
2. The fisheries industry is one of the major economies in Malaysia and the Department of Fisheries Malaysia as the industry’s leader shall have extensive technical knowledge to encourage the participation of private companies, investors and international cooperation.
3. The main responsibilities are to increase food supply, assist in income generation of the target groups and contribute to the country’s exports.
4. Strengthening the implementation of the National Agrofood Policy; to ensure adequate supply of fish to meet the local demand; expanding the export market of fish products; and conserve, manage and utilize resources sustainably.
5. National food sovereignty; the production of sufficient food fish meets the needs of the people who are entitled to food at a quantity, quality and affordable price. Production that is free from dependence on external elements.
6. The fisheries sector is transformed from small-scale and non-systematic farms to a structured, integrated and high-quality industry. Production from projects driven by the international market and products will be added value to penetrate the premium market.