Fish and Public Health Branch
- To plan, prepare, evaluate and update biosecurity policies related to the management and control of fish health and public health.
- Supervise, implement and update the implementation of official fish health and public health control programmes through fish disease surveillance programmes and food safety monitoring.
- Provide recommendations, notifications and reports at the internal, national and international levels (OIE/NACA etc.) related to fish health and public health.
- Coordinating actions on inquiries from foreign countries regarding any anomalies in Malaysian fish trade practices and fish products.
Standard and Laboratory Services Branch
- Planning and coordinating laboratory analysis services from the aspects of fish health and public health.
- Monitoring services and analysis in laboratories, human resource development and organization to ensure smooth operations.
- Coordinate and develop standards, SOPs, regulations and biosecurity policies related to Fisheries Biosecurity at the domestic and international level (CODEX, OIE).
- Coordinate the recognition of private laboratories for the purpose of issuing disease-free health certificates for fish and fish products.
Audit, Certification and CITES Branch
- To plan, coordinate, and recommend the MyGAP Fisheries Biosecurity Certification Scheme Programme (HOB, FQC, GMP for Fish Feed/Fishmeal Plants, Oversea Fish Hatchery Centre).
- To plan and monitor the development and skills strengthening programs for fisheries biosecurity auditors.
- To plan and coordinate procedures for the issuance of fish export certificates and fish products (Live Fish Health Certificate, Health Certificate (Notification of Disease Free for Fish Products), Certificate of Origin of Live Fish & Certificate of Origin of Non-Preference Fish and Fish Produce).
- To plan, coordinate, manage certification and regulation as the CITES Fisheries Management Authority of Peninsular Malaysia.