Fish and Public Health Branch
- To plan, prepare, evaluate and update biosecurity policies related to the management and control of fish health and public health.
- Supervise, implement and update the implementation of official fish health and public health control programmes through fish disease surveillance programmes and food safety monitoring.
- Provide recommendations, notifications and reports at the internal, national and international levels (OIE/NACA etc.) related to fish health and public health.
- Meet the needs of importing countries for the purpose of exporting fish and fish products from the aspect of fish health control and public health.
- To plan, implement and encourage public participation through education/awareness programmes, training and briefings related to fish health management and public health.
- Collaborate with public agencies for the implementation of monitoring and surveillance programmes as well as develop fish health and public health management systems.
Standard and Laboratory Services Branch
- Provide laboratory analysis services from the aspects of fish health and public health.
- Coordinate services and analysis in laboratories, human resource development and organization to ensure smooth operations.
- Develop and implement standards, SOPs, regulations and biosecurity policies for fish and fish products at the domestic and international levels.
- Collect, coordinate and update standards at the domestic and international levels related to fish health and public health.
Audit, Certification and CITES Branch
- To plan, coordinate, and recommend the MyGAP Fisheries Biosecurity Certification Scheme Programme:
- Hygiene on Board (HOB)
- Fish Quality Certificate (FQC)
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) Fish Feed/Fishmeal Factories
- Oversea Fish Hatchery Centre
- To plan and monitor development programmes and skills strengthening of fisheries biosecurity auditors.
- To plan and coordinate procedures for the issuance of fish export certificates and fish products
- Live Fish Health Certificate
- Health Certificate (Notification of Disease Free for Fish Products)
- Certificate of Origin of Live Fish
- Certificate of Origin of Non-Preference Fish and Fish Produce
- To plan, coordinate, manage certification and regulation as the CITES Fisheries Management Authority of Peninsular Malaysia.