1. To develop a dynamic market-based fisheries industry through creative and innovative approaches.
2. To manage the national fishery resources in an efficient, innovative and environmental friendly manner based on scientific information and good governance.
3. To enhance the delivery system through skillful, knowledgeable and professional human capital.
1. National fish production of 2.55 million m.t.
2. Self -sufficiency rate (SSR) 97.8%.
3. Ratio of Capture Fisheries : Aquaculture – 60:40.
4. Ratio of Deep Sea Fisheries & Coastal Fisheries – 30:70.
5. 10% of national waters are gazetted as Marine Protection Area (MPA).
6. Removal of trawlers in Zone B.
7. The average income of a fishery operator is RM5,500.
8. Usage of safe, traceable fish and sustainable fishery resources.