Aquaculture Management Branch
- To plan, coordinate, track and evaluate the policy and direction of Aquaculture Regulations, Fisheries (Inland Fisheries Aquaculture) Rules, Marine Culture System and Cockle Regulations.
- Monitor the implementation of Inland Fisheries Regulations and Aquaculture Regulations.
- To plan, coordinate, track and evaluate the implementation of aquaculture value production accreditation programmes in line with international standards.
- To plan and implement programmes to encourage private participation in the aquaculture industry on a commercial and large scale.
- Coordinate and monitor the Aquaculture Industrial Zone (ZIA) for the sustainable development of the aquaculture sector.
- Provide consulting services and expertise, site selection and suitability of water resources.
- Coordinate visits, monitoring and implementation of approved NKEA projects.
Marine Aquaculture Branch
- To plan, implement and coordinate development programmes for the marine/brackish aquaculture industry, shrimp, mollusks, shellfish and seaweeds.
- To plan, coordinate and monitor the increase in production, productivity and quality of marine fish/brackish fish of commercial species.
- To plan and coordinate and coordinate livestock technology transfer programmes and appropriate marine/brackish aquaculture equipment to be promoted to aquaculture industry operators.
- Provide and coordinate technical support services to marine/brackish aquaculture industry operators.
- To plan, monitor and evaluate quality fish breed and seed production programmes from Marine Aquaculture Centres.
- Establish and collaborate with other relevant agencies (national & regional) in planning and implementing sustainable marine/brackish aquaculture industry development programmes.
Freshwater Aquaculture Branch
- To plan, implement and coordinate development programs for the aquaculture industry of freshwater fish, ornamental fish and aquatic plants.
- Track and evaluate the effectiveness of freshwater fish, ornamental fish and aquatic plant aquaculture industry development programmes.
- To plan, coordinate and monitor the increase in production, productivity and quality of freshwater fish products.
- Provide and coordinate technical support services to freshwater aquaculture industry operators.
- To plan and create a network of fish and fish fry production to meet the demands and needs of the aquaculture industry in a sustainable manner.
- To plan, monitor and evaluate quality fish breed and fry production programmes from Aquaculture Development Centres.
- Increase the production of ornamental fish through the encouragement of the creation of medium-sized and commercial farms on a regular basis through the transfer of technology and markets both domestically and internationally.